Saturday, February 16, 2008
When George W. Bush said of our “Constitution that it is “… just a Goddamn piece of paper!”, he declared himself an outlaw at war with the American people. The Bush administration’s culture of fear, hate and contempt for law inspires an epidemic of police lawlessness and thuggery that now terrorizes law-abiding Americans all over America. You can be thrown in jail upon a whim. You don’t get to make a phone call. You don’t get to call your lawyer. You don’t get to call your wife or husband. And you don’t get visitors. It is a state of treasonous war, a capital crime for which these war mongers must answer to the people.
Che Guevara said:
Of these three propositions the first two contradict the defeatist attitude of revolutionaries or pseudo-revolutionaries who remain inactive and take refuge in the pretext that against a professional army nothing can be done, who sit down to wait until in some mechanical way all necessary objective and subjective conditions are given without working to accelerate them. As these problems were formerly a subject of discussion in Cuba, until facts settled the question, they are probably still much discussed in America. Naturally, it is not to be thought that all conditions for revolution are going to be created through the impulse given to them by guerrilla activity. It must always be kept in mind that there is a necessary minimum without which the establishment and consolidation of the first center is not practicable.
People must see clearly the futility of maintaining the fight for social goals within the framework of civil debate. When the forces of oppression come to maintain themselves in power against established law; peace is considered already broken.
—Guerilla Warfare, Che Guevara
Bush has already assumed the power to wage war on the American people, claiming and aggressively exercising, the “right to use any and all war powers against American citizens within the United States. Like any other tin-horn dictator he insists that he is above all restraints by Congress and the courts. See: Glenn Greenwald: The NSA Fight Begins – Strategies for Moving Forward
When Bush says that the “Constitution is just a Goddamned piece of paper”, he aligns himself with Hitler, Mussolini, Mao — “state absolutists”, fascists, and radical communists. Simply, he has declared war on the American people, our Constitution, the Bill of Rights, Democracy and freedom. The peace is already broken. The war has begun. It is time to evaluate the situation.
- Criminals and traitors have seized power illegitimately and operate outside the law i.e, the Constitution so hated by Bush. So far, this gang of crooks have had nothing to fear from the impeachment process though there is probable cause to try Bush himself for capital crimes. As Bush jokes about remaining in power past his term, Americans as well as Iraqis are brutalized without charges, trial or representation. Under Bush, jackbooted thugs may not bother accusing you of a crime. They need only ‘define’ you as a terrorist. You will not get a phone call, a lawyer, a trial. You are a terrorist because Bush says you are and he has decreed that he does not have to make a case against you. See: Police Atrocities Define the Bush Police StateTasers, Torture and Terror Tactics: America Becomes a Police State
- Bush continues to justify his assault upon the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, indeed, the rule of law itself with one word: terrorism. But, in fact, his “War on Terror” is as big a lie as was the official 911 conspiracy theory and the uncountable lies that were told to the United Nations about Iraq: The proposition that terrorism is the inevitable result of imperial aggressions explains Bush incompetent economic policies as well as America’s fascist tilt. That terrorism is always worse under GOP regimes is a demonstrable, statistical fact. The CIA creates terrorism two ways by indulging it as a tactic and by inspiring it with its excesses. The legacy of Blackwater USA, an international terrorist organization, will have inspired generations of “terrorists” resorting to a tactic against which top down fascist regimes are impotent.
- Bush has abrogated or violated every provision of the US Bill of Rights, arguably the most important document standing between you and tyrannous dictatorship! Well, under Bush, it no longer stands between you and dictatorship. [See: Bush’s War on the Bill of Rights]
- Bush has put himself above the rule of law even as he denied you the benefit and the protections that are your under the law! There is a name for this. Dictatorship!
The Bush administration has been frightening in the way it has nullified lawsuits against its actions. The Justice Department simply laughed at attempts of the ACLU to get lists of detained suspects through lawsuits in early 2002.6 Ellen Mariani’s lawsuit against the Bush administration, accusing it of foreknowledge of, and failure to act on, September 11, may seem to many like the material of a conspiracy theory, but we can be fairly sure that the question will never go to a jury. Quite recently, an ACLU legal challenge against the Patriot Act became news after being silenced for three weeks by the Patriot Act.
–Anthony Gregory, Bush’s War on the Bill of Rights
- In fact, a majority of Americans Support a 911 Investigation of Bush/Cheney
An investigation of 911 should have begun the very day it happened. Instead, Bush quashed all attempts to get to the truth of 911, saying that it would interfere with the war on terrorism. What had he to fear? Had 911 been properly investigated the disastrous and counter-productive “war on terrorism” might have been avoided, a real enemy might have been identified. Perhaps Bush had planned such a war all along. Certainly, Dick Cheney’s ‘Energy Task Force’ was carving up Iraq’s oil fields long before 911. Bush knew that Saddam did not have WMD. All were lies. The time has come for Americans to fight back! I don’t see a resolution of these issues in an the election process. None of the major candidates of either party have dealt with these issues honestly. The elections themselves could be postponed or cancelled outright in the case of a new “national emergency about which Bush warned recently that 911 might pale ‘by comparison’. What is he planning? [See: How a Second Terrorist Attack Will Benefit George W. Bush] Americans must not wait “…while dangers gather”. [Bush: Remarks to UN] It’s time to act.
I was just reading a post about how Americans need another civil war. This got me to thinking about there being a better way. American’s need to go on strike. Quit your jobs. The corporations and government make money from us working. They depend on it. If we are slaves like some have said then just stop. Stop working, stop consuming. Just stop. Of course it won’t work if just a handful participate. We have to beat them at their own game. In fact, lets ALL go on welfare. Let’s take money from them. (Them being the gov’t and corporate scabs that continue to work.)
I think I have said this before with little response but I would like to put it in it’s own thread so I can get more minds chipping away at it. Please help me tinker with this idea. How can we make it work? Or tell me how it is doomed to fail so I can get over this and move on to something else. ***Please put some thought into your posts. I really don’t want people just posting how stupid I am and how this will never work without an explanation of why.*** Okay, I’m putting on my turtle shell now to protect myself from the hurtful words that I’m probably going to have to endure…. here goes. Post comments here or go to original thread here.
–stellawayten Americans Need To Go On Strike!
The FBI has a new set of eyes and ears, and they’re being told to protect their infrastructure at any cost. They can even kill without repercussion.Today, more than 23,000 representatives of private industry are working quietly with the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security. The members of this rapidly growing group, called InfraGard, receive secret warnings of terrorist threats before the public does — and, at least on one occasion, before elected officials. In return, they provide information to the government, which alarms the ACLU. But there may be more to it than that. One business executive, who showed me his InfraGard card, told me they have permission to “shoot to kill” in the event of martial law. InfraGard is “a child of the FBI,” says Michael Hershman, the chairman of the advisory board of the InfraGard National Members Alliance and CEO of the Fairfax Group, an international consulting firm.
A new bill proposed at the legislature would allow for police to withhold misconduct reports from the public. Supporters of the bill believe that police misconduct should be kept secret from the public so to not discredit police testimony. Others say that a forthright police unit is essential to the community.In September, Jared Massey was zapped with a taser by Trooper John Gardner. A video of the incident was recorded from Gardner’s patrol car. Gardner can be seen shocking Massey until he hits the ground while Massey’s wife screams from the side of their SUV.More than a million people watched the video on “YouTube.” Massey was shocked to see his new found fame. The footage may have never been seen had Massey not made a records request to obtain the tape. …