1) 2008 saw that one lurking American suspicion is in fact true: that we are on our own. No matter what officials promise, no matter what individuals may believe about the goodness of officials, we have always been on our own and we always will be. For so many, this was stunning; for the liberty purists, being on our own is liberty, and must be invoked.
2) As if a series of disasters and a poorly performing disaster management weren’t enough, more and more scandal shows that no one is on our side. What hurt thousands of good Americans was the unmistakable sense of abandonment, with a heavy accent of disrespect and defiance (read Looting).
Myth Busted: Hitler Was Not a Vegetarian
It’s common knowledge that Hitler was a vegetarian. Just ask anybody: They’ll tell you so. Trouble is, the assumption is false. Hitler wasn’t a vegetarian at all. Consider the historical facts:
• Biographers who wrote about Hitler (and who knew him quite well on a personal basis) openly describe his love for Bavarian sausages and game pie (“game” meaning wild meat from birds and other creatures).
• Hitler’s own chef openly talked about Hitler’s love for stuffed pigeon.
• Hitler was regularly given injections of a protein serum made from the testicles of a bull — not exactly a treatment that would be tolerated by vegetarians.
• None of Hitler’s lieutenants were vegetarians, nor was vegetarianism promoted in any way in the Nazi party.
More – Mike Adams at Natural News
Left and right and the American counter-revolution
War is no minor political oversight, a slipup, a boo-boo, as American Democrats must by now know. War is historically all-determinant. War has already destroyed the foundations of the American republic and undermined American democracy itself.
The worst and most blatant and disturbing example of ignoring the obvious is the USA, the world’s most powerful country controlled by a one-party system, where the very words Left and Right are shunned. America’s Republican and Democratic parties stand comfortably shoulder to shoulder on the Right, bolstered by religious extremists and myriad secret militias—those in the woods and those abroad like Blackwater—and the usual flag-waving patriots.
Hell in the Holy Land
It seems to be the tragic fate of this generation of Israel to teach the world, once more, the bitter lesson of the universality of human evil. This base drive to impose suffering on others — out of fear, out of greed, out of the lust to dominate — lives in us all, in every individual, every nation, every people, every tribe, every sect, every clan. It must be resisted at all of these levels — beginning within, of course. And when it breaks out into the open, we must condemn it forthrightly, call it what it is, no matter what form it takes or who unleashes it.
more -Chris Floyd
Carlos Latuff, The Gaza Ghetto via Palestine Think Tank
Expecting IDF offensive in Gaza, Egypt boosts border security
Egypt has boosted the security along its border with Gaza, officials said Friday, in anticipation of an imminent Israel Defense Forces operation within the territory, fearing an Israeli incursion would result in a breach of the border.
more – Haaretz
Gaza gunman firing a mortar shell (Archive photo: AP) ynet
Film and Activism
For educators and activists who wish to inform people through film, Dr. Asimakopoulos recommends the following in his ‘Crushed by Capitalism’ film picks.
more – The Transformative Studies Institute (TSI)
All rights reserved