Although some are saying it is premature for the ‘Occupy’ protests to put concrete demands in place and in the context of wanting to increase the numbers in the streets to put more pressure on the criminals in charge perhaps that is a valid point. But sooner or later demands must be articulated and some kind of consensus, however loose, must be come to.
Right now OccupyWallStreet has a proposed list of demands here and here, user generated and not the official positions, but in my opinion they don’t go far enough. Not addressing the issues of the Federal Reserve and the wars does not pass my litmus test. That’s not to say that there aren’t a great deal of folks for whom these two issues are right at the top of the list but it seems many have fallen for the ‘left’ distractions from the wars. This needs to change and I think it will.
There are a great number of opinions on what the demands should be but in my searching for a ‘list’ this is one of the best I’ve seen so far. It’s a starting point and everyone so inclined could add, subtract and clarify some of the points.
1) The US Treasury seize the Federal Reserve and audit the books with complete transparency.
2) Seize the assets of all Wall Street criminals. Arrest the criminals. Demand the return of all bonuses paid to banks that received Bailout money either from the Treasury or the Federal Reserve. Most of these men are Jewish and could receive Israeli citizenship if they do not already have it. Therefore they should not receive bail.
3) Use seized assets to pay off all government debts that cannot be cancelled outright.
3) Eliminate all CDS (Credit Default Swaps) which are unregulated insurance contracts. Currently, the potential losses from CDS is 30 times greater than the total output output of goods and services for the entire world.
4) Eliminate naked shorting of stocks and commodities. It should illegal to sell what you do not own.
5) Issue debt free money from the Treasury as President Kennedy directed shortly before the bankers murdered him.
6) Raise tariffs to protect what few industries remain in America. Dedicate these revenues to Social Security and Medicare to relieve tax burdens on younger workers.
7) Demand the release of all hidden advanced technologies held by DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration.) The federal government to date has not even released the technology found in the labs and notes of Nikola Tesla nearly 70 years ago.
08) The royalties for that technology must be given to American corporations in exchange for stock shares. This stock is to be deposited into accounts held at Depository Trusts in the name of younger employed citizens. These trust funds are to be in our name and in no way to be government accounts. Upon death all funds are to be inherited by the designated heirs.
9) We demand a complete criminal investigation of both 911 and the Oklahoma City bombing of April 19, 1995.
10) We demand an end to the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen and Libya. We also demand an end to all aid to Israel.
Some points from the ‘Occupy’ movement are worthwhile for inclusion.
Congress pass specific and effective laws limiting the influence of lobbyists and eliminating the practice of lobbyists writing legislation that ends up on the floor of congress.
Congress pass “revolving door” legislation eliminating the ability of former government regulators going to work for corporations that they once regulated.
Eliminate “personhood” legal status for corporations.
The recent events of U.S. Attorneys and the IRS attacking the medical marijuana industry highlights the need and the demand to end the war on drugs. This repression is so blatant and unconstitutional that it almost defies comprehension. On the other hand it is not surprising as there is an all out police state war on the American people. From marijuana to raw milk to nutritional supplements and pure foods, total control of what we put in our bodies for the profit of a few is the goal. No problem for the CIA and military protecting opium crops and trafficking in hard drugs though.
Corruption is so rampant in elements of government, corporations, the financial sector, etc. that the demands could ultimately be overwhelming. Purging every criminal in the system and making examples of them is a tall task but not impossible. Once the purge begins the cowards will run and try to find a place to hide.
The demands that are needed are being seen by many as possible by working within the system. Electing the right people, regulating or eliminating existing institutions, basically seeing to it that for once in our history that the common man actually has a voice and the power over our future. I’m not sure that it’s possible but I can see that it needs to be the focus at this moment.
Just to get Congress to bow to our will means that they will not only have to fear for their jobs but also for their lives. They already do but it’s from those 1% that now control them, not us.
Most of us are as non-violent as they come. That’s one of the best qualities of being human. Peace within can become peace manifested outwardly throughout the world we’ve been told. Still, the idea of not being afraid to die for what we consider a worthwhile cause and for the protection of our children, grandchildren and those to come is what the powers that be fear the most. They don’t think we’re up to it. They may be wrong.